Friday, July 20, 2012

Trending Topics - Aurora Shooting


As we are all shaking our heads about this tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado, I glanced at my Twitter account. The picture above are of the 4 top trending topics as of noon on July 20th.

I cannot believe Colorado is going through yet another tragedy so soon after the state rallied together to help the victims of the wildfire.

My heart goes out to everyone who is affected by this senseless act of terror.

On a personal level, I cant help but wonder what is wrong with this 24 year old man. One of the first stories I heard when I woke up was his mother saying that yes, they had the correct man in custody and that she needed to leave the state. I can tell you that a mother of an adult has very little control over someone. Unless she knew his plan, what could she do? It's hard to have someone committed against their will without a history of harm. She could be telling everyone her son had a problem, but there's very little a person can do without a crime being committed. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to defend anyone, but everyone was attacking the mother online. I can only imagine how she is dealing with this. To know your son is crazy and opened fire on innocent people, even children. I just wanted to point out that this man is an adult, and once a person turns 18, the parents have very little control over that adult. I could be wrong, but everyone needs to take a beat before they start yelling at others.

But hopefully we will learn just what is wrong with this person- mental illness, drugs, medication, cults, wanted to be famous, voices in his head - whatever his stupid reason is, I hope it comes out soon, so the public can identify that this is in fact an isolated incident and they can get at least some closure on this horrific event.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Sara and Rigel | Design Poppiness Designs