Saturday, April 23, 2011

Water for Elephants -- spoiler free


I went to see Water for Elephants last night with a friend. I was actually surprised that I enjoyed the movie ... and Robert Pattinson's performance.

The movie made me cry and laugh and then root for an elephant. It was really cute. I highly recommend it. The summary on IMDB says "A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet." But it's SO much more than that!! But I'm not going to spoil it for anyone.

I was genuinely shocked that I enjoyed Robert Pattinson's performance. The first thing I ever saw him in was of course Twilight. After reading all the books, all of the characters were VERY disappointing to me, with the exception of maybe Jacob. Joe and I both though Bella and Edward fell way short of the books. And WTF is up with Kristen Steward?? She cant act.. AT ALL. And completely butchered the part of Bella. And I was never that girl that swooned over Edward. I'm a Team Jacob girl. But I also thought Pattinson didnt do the part justice. So when I walked into the movie theater last night, I wasn't expecting much.

But I must say, I walked out of the theater a big fan of Pattinson. This movie completely changed my mind about his acting skills. Joe says that Edward, the character, must just suck and Pattinson did his best. I completely agree. I was smiling with Pattinson's character and noticed that I believed his acting. I believed he was happy or sad or enraged. His smiles look genuine, not mass produced. I really liked him in Water for Elephants. Anyway, go see the movie!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Sara and Rigel | Design Poppiness Designs