Thursday, August 2, 2012

Final Oral Defense!!

After emailing my chair every day for 2 weeks, I finally have a date for my final oral defense for my thesis. It's next Wednesday if anyone wants to send some good vibes my way. I'm sure I'll be freaking out on Twitter about it all next week.

So basically the final oral defense is just a big presentation with a powerpoint where I present all of the results of my study. I think I was more nervous about the preliminary oral defense, where I had to pitch my idea after 4 months of HARD work! Thankfully, everyone loved my idea and I didnt have to start all over. But this one seems easier, I'm presenting just the facts (ma'am). And that's easy. Plus I reserved a room where I've done two other smaller presentations for classes so I'm used to the equipment and the room and the board where there powerpoint will be displayed. That wasn't an accident.

After I **pass** the final oral defense, I have to send the whole thesis to an APA editor and pay her per hour to edit it for publishing. Let me tell you, if you can be certified as an APA editor, there's some good money in it!

Then I submit it all to the school and the publisher.

Then I'm a graduate!!

And yes, I fully intend on being that obnoxious person who puts MA at the end of my name EVERYWHERE!! I have freaking earned it!!

Twitter >> sara0120 MA  :)

Okay, probably not Twitter. But definitely on LinkedIn.

AND I applied to 2 jobs today. And I am SOOOOOO excited about one of them. It's just perfect. However, I dont have any experience. But surely they can look past all that and see how passionate I am about this particular topic. Have you ever read about a company and position and just **know** you would be a perfect match? Hey Sara, try not to get your hopes up too much! ;-) I woke up in a cold sweat at 3am this morning in a panic worrying that I wont get a job. So today was a good day to start applying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Sara and Rigel | Design Poppiness Designs