Monday, September 24, 2012

Home again & an update

I've been in Arkansas for a little over 2 weeks now. A lot of things are the same as they were when I was a kid. My parents live in the same house, with mostly the same neighbors. But I wave and it takes them a moment to realize who is outside walking the little dog. My small town hasn't changed much. The roads seem smaller. There are new restaurants. Some old buildings have been torn down or businesses are left vacant. I can go to the grocery store and not recognize a soul. While the town hasn't changed much, the perspective through these eyes seem to have changed greatly. I assumed I would make the change back home easily. I've lived here since I was 8. I learned to drive on these small roads. I slept over at my neighbor's houses. I used to know everyone. But I left for college over 10 years ago. Then married and moved to Kansas and Colorado. I haven't "lived" here since I was 17 years old. It's very weird coming back now. It's like my little down has been tweaked slightly. There's something very "Twilight Zone" about it.

The job hunt is still on, for those of you wondering. There are some awesome job postings in NWA. I am do excited to find a job I love and start a new career!

Rigel is doing well. He seemed very needy for a while. He was clingy and soft. But we figured he was just out of sorts & missed his house & his Joe. He's much better now.

Joe will officially be home at the end of December. The Army has once again thrown us a very strange curve ball, but this time, we win! We get to make the decision that effects our lives. It's so nice, after being given orders for over 7 years.

Hope everyone out there is doing well. I'll blog again when I have news to share. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Sara and Rigel | Design Poppiness Designs