Saturday, July 24, 2010

Comfort... drink?

I was going through my extensive stash of k-cups for my Keurig and I just couldnt decide on anything that I wanted this morning. But I came across a special winter treat that a co-worker made for me when we were in Kansas. She gave us all a jar of Spiced Tea. And her mix is my favorite by far! There are a million spiced tea recipes out there. I posted one on my BLOG a while back. But it's not as good as this one.

Here's her recipe with a few of my own tweaks.

1 1/2 cups instand tea powder
2 cups Tang
1/3 cup powdered Country Time Lemonade mix
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp ground ginger

Her recipe calls for a whole teaspoon of clove and 3/4 of a teaspoon of ginger. So if you're into those spices, add more.

And just an FYI, I had the HARDEST time finding Tang in our local grocery stores. I found it in the commissary on post, a big DUH right? :)

Anyway, this is what I'm having this morning, even though it's July 24th and it's not something I would be having in Arkansas because it would be 100 degrees outside already. But here in Colorado, it's 75 with a breeze. Yeah, you know you're jealous. I dont know how I am supposed to move away from here. I love this place!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Sara and Rigel | Design Poppiness Designs